Thursday, May 27, 2010

7 months...a little late

Owen is now 7 months old and boy is he learning new things pretty much everyday. This past month he has experienced a few exciting new things and some not so excited things about life. He finally has learned to sit up on his own. He could pretty much do it last month if he leaned forward, but would always fall over to the side if he got off balance. He can now sit on his own and still falls over occasionally, but does pretty good at catching himself when he gets a little tipsy.

He also got sick for the first time. First he had a cold, which turned into a hacky little cough, and that led to a double ear infection. Not fun...for any of us. We all didn't get very much sleep and Owen has been pretty fussy for about 3 weeks now. He is now on antibiotics and I am hoping that we can at least go another 6.5 months before he gets sick again. Here are some other things about Owen at 7 months.
  • Owen loves to jump. He will sit in his jumper for up to an hour at a time. It is awesome!
  • He has finally decided he likes carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. The jury is still out on fruit! He will eat fruit, but not like he eats the previously mentioned.
  • When I took him to the doctor he weighed in at 16 lbs 9 ounces.
  • He likes anything that is NOT a toy. He does play with toys, but likes to have them rotated quite often otherwise he gets bored.
  • He loves his daddy! Brent went to fathers and sons the other night and when he came home in the morning, Owen got so excited to see him. He got this huge smile on his face and started kicking his legs. After Brent said hi to Owen, he left and walked out the door to unpack the truck, Owen started wailing(I wasn't holding him, but he was right by me on the floor, so it wasn't like everyone was leaving him).
  • He usually only goes about 6 hours at night before he has to eat again. I am hoping that part of his waking up was because of his ear infections and not just to eat. I am also hoping that once he starts eating more solid food, he will be able to go longer.
  • He loves to stare at the pictures on the wall. He especially likes the one of Brent's family that was taken quite a few years ago. He will just be sitting there and look up at that picture and start smiling real big. We always say he is smiling at Grandma Laree because he met her before he got here.
  • He has decided he hates getting dressed or having his diaper changed and cries about it unless you distract him by giving him something to put in his mouth.
  • The biggest news of this month is that Owen has started to army crawl. I don't have a great video of it, but I will post it anyway. I suspect that it will be no time at all before he figures out how to crawl for real. Won't that be fun!

I know...I know. I am a bad mom, I let him eat my keys.


2 comments:

Jershelly said...

What a cutie! He has really pretty eyes. That's exciting about the crawling...but not about the ear infection part. I hope that he gets better soon.

By the way...when we go visit my family, we will have to stop by and see you guys too! (after we move sometime)

Michael said...

Yeppers...I see a little bit of Brent in him and a little bit of Missy! Should be a heart-breaker & go-getter!