Monday, May 24, 2010

10 Random Things

1-I haven't posted a lot lately because I am worn out! I have been watching a little girl from our ward who is a year old. This week is my last week at least during the summer. Sometimes it is like having twins. It has been good to earn a little extra money, but it will be nice to just have one baby again. I think it has helped me appreciate my alone time with Owen.

2-With some of the money I earned I bought a sewing machine. I am way excited. Too bad I haven't had anytime to enjoy it because I like I mentioned I am so tired by the time Ella leaves and don't have the energy to get it out and learn how to run it. I am looking forward to having more time to do a few more things.

3-Brent is officially done with his first year of school. We celebrated by him buying a turtle pie and watching a movie with my brother. We really like to get wild and crazy with our celebrations, don't we?

4-It was raining all last week so I couldn't really take the kids out to do anything, but this week it is supposed to be in the high 80s and 90s. Umm...can I get somewhere in between please?

5-My hair that, unbeknownst to me, fell out either while I was pregnant or after giving birth is growing back. I have all these little hairs that are about 1 inch long at the front of my hairline that are driving me crazy. Seriously, it is like I am 10 again and growing out my bangs. I don't know what to do about it and the humidity here is making it worse because they won't stay down they want to curl like the rest of my hair. AHHHH!!

6-Owen had a double ear infection this past week. Need I say more?

7-Brent is going to actually start teaching a class this summer. I think he is pretty excited about it. He described his teaching style as "a pretty approachable teacher, who is a little goofy at times." Okay...whatever that means!

8-Had my 5 year old niece over today "to help me with the babies." Actually, it was so that Kelie could help her dad put tile in their kitchen, but that is what she told Jenna so she would want to come over to my house. Anyway, she was very cute and wanted to help feed the babies and play with the babies, etc. At one point she says to me. "Aunt Missy. Do you think there is more crying when there is just Owen or when there is Ella and Owen?" (Hmmm...that's a hard one let me think about that for a minute.) Me: "Definitely more crying when there are two." Then she says Umm..I actually think there might be more crying when it is just Owen." I guess she has heard Owen cry a lot or something!

9-Elder Scott came to our stake conference last week. We went to the adult meeting on Saturday night and following the meeting got to shake Elder Scott's hand. Brent somehow got ahead of me because there were lots of people around who wanted to shake his hand. Anyway, Brent had Owen and Elder Scott shook Owen's hand and asked Brent what Owen's name was (he also shook Brent's hand in case any of you are wondering). He then commented that he looked pretty sleepy. He then said to the lady behind Brent "you have a beautiful baby." To which she replied, "Thank you." I think it was funny that she didn't even say that Owen did not belong to her. What is she trying to pull? Trying to take credit for how cute Owen is?! Just kidding, I am sure she was just confused and just said the first thing that came to her mouth. I just pretend that Elder Scott said that to me instead of her. All that matters in the long run is that Elder Scott thought Owen was beautiful. That was really all I was looking for!

10-We are headed to sunny and hot Arizona next week. I am very excited to have a little vacation and to have Owen hang out with Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Jon. It should be way fun...hot...but way fun!

No comments: