Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little O turns 1!

My baby turned one this past week. I can't believe it has been a whole year. Time has flown by. His actual birthday wasn't the most fun, because I had to do a lot of errands and he wasn't very excited about it. Later in the day we went for a walk to see the dogs in our neighborhood, since Owen loves dogs so much. Then Jenna and Brooke came over for a bit and we went and played at the park. That was fun. He loved it! That evening Kelie came over and helped me make Owen's cake. It turned out so good. Thanks Kelie!

We had his party on Saturday, so my brother Jon and his wife Vanessa could come. We celebrated by having dinner and then playing pin the tail on the doggie. We then opened presents and had cake and ice cream. I am a lame-o mom and forgot to bring the video camera, so the only video I got was of him opening his presents. Honestly, what first time mom forgets to record her child when they are eating cake and ice cream on their 1st birthday! Oh well maybe someday I will get the hang of this parent thing.

I love this picture. Brooke looks like she is having the time of her life.,Brent looks like he is trying to have fun and Owen looks like he is asleep!

Playing with the leaves at the park

On the bleachers in the park

Puppy Cake. Owen loves dogs. Too bad he was a little young to really appreciate how cute it turned out. In case you can't tell what is on top of his head it is a party hat with ribbon like curls coming out of the top.

"Blowing" out the candle

Having a taste of the cake. We just put the cake in front of him and let me have at it. After he threw all of the curls of the party hat on the floor he finally figured out he could actually eat the cake rather than just throw it on the floor.

Eating cake off the counter.

Playing on his new toy. He thinks he needs to make this face everytime I try to take a picture. Who knew they started making faces at the camera so early?

The loot. Owen got a cell phone that lights up and plays songs, some bath toys, a puppy book, a couple of shirts and a sweater, and a chair toy that plays music and reads a book. He loves the chair, but it is seriously an accident waiting to happen. I am actually shocked that he has not fallen over as he loves to stand up on it and bounce to the music.

Happy Birthday, Owen! We love you little man!

Vimeo isn't letting me upload the video very quickly so I will post it on here tomorrow.


Untitled from Melissa Clark on Vimeo.

5 comments:

marcie said...

His cake is SO darling! I love it! It's too bad he's too young to really appreciate how amazing that cake is!!! Very, very cute! Great for the cute boy he is.

Matt & Andrea said...

What a cutie!! He's getting so grown up, too.

Karen said...

That is the cutest puppy cake! I love it!

Jershelly said...

Happy Birthday Owen! You did a great job with his cake! How did you make it?

Amanda Petersen said...

Happy Birthday Owen! I can't believe he's already a year! He's so adorable and that cake was amazing...you will have to tell me how you made it. Glad it was a good birthday...even though he won't remember a lot of it...I know he'll appreciate it when he gets older. Love your cute little family!