Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trip to Utah-Part 1

I have a TON of pictures from our trip to Utah and I was there for almost 3 weeks, so I am going to blog about the trip in parts. Hopefully, it won't bore you too much.

I flew to Utah a day before Brent left for his conference in Montreal. The flight was a nightmare. Owen was horrible and wouldn't settle down. He refused to eat his baby food before we got on the plane so I think he was hungry and tired and just wanted to get down and crawl around. He actually didn't cry very much on the flight he was just squealing and was being really loud. He was also swinging toys and hitting the lady next to us. I was pretty much about to break down when he hit the formula dispenser out of my hand and a large amount of formula spilt all over the floor. Needless to say when we reached our layover in Phoenix and I found out the plane was delayed by an hour, I gave in and let Owen crawl around on the airport carpet. I am sure there were many people thinking I was crazy letting him crawl around on the carpet, but after what I went through on the plane, I didn't really care. In fact, he chased my water bottle around for about an hour and everyone thought he was just adorable. To his credit, Owen was VERY good on the flight from Phoenix to Utah and slept most of the way. However, by the time we got to Utah I was already worn out.

Owen took a little while to warm up to Grandpa and Grandma and my sisters. It didn't take him long to realize he was getting a lot of attention and to start showing off. He didn't, however, let me out of his sight without crying most of the trip.

The first couple of days we hung out with my two sisters and my parents. We went to the zoo, although I don't have any pictures of it. Owen didn't really care much for the animals, but he LOVED the carousel. Every time his animal went up, he squealed in delight. It really surprised me, I didn't think he would like it that much.

Matt and Kelie came into town a couple of days later and while they were in Oakley, we rode horses and roasted hot dogs on the fire pit. It was fun, but it was actually cold. I had to borrow a jacket from my mom and put pants and a jacket on Owen. SOOO different from the weather they had in Missouri while we were in Utah. It was in the 100's while we were gone...didn't miss that! Anyway, here are a few pictures from the horseback riding/weenie roast.


Owen and Grandpa Morgan

Owen and Aunt Kelie

Owen and Cousin Daylen


Us and the sheep
Matt and Marcie

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about taking Owen on the horse, so Uncle Cody took him for a ride. He didn't seem to be excited or nervous about it.



Owen by the fire pit. He loves fire.

Marcie roasting her hot dog!

2 comments:

marcie said...

Thanks for posting lots of pictures. I look like I have a serious sunburn in the last one.

Jershelly said...

I'm glad you survived that plane ride! We are going to Hawaii in December to visit Jershon's family. I am looking forward to Hawaii, but I am not looking forward to the long plane ride! I hope that Landon handles it well.