- He loves the dishwasher. He will drop whatever he is playing with and crawl as fast as he can to climb up and take anything he can out of the dishwasher.
- He learned to do the sign for "please" this month. He gets it confused with waving. We will ask him to say "please" and he will start waving. Or we will ask him to say "hi" and he will sign "please." One morning Brent went in to get him when he woke up and he was just sitting there in his crib signing "please" over and over again. I guess he wanted out of the crib!
- He can actually play with toys now. He will play in the corner with a bunch of toys for 15-20 minutes. It is so nice. Hopefully, he can start getting better at entertaining himself. He especially loves to play with balls. He tries to throw it up like I do and usually just ends up throwing it over his shoulder.
- He has started shaking his head "NO". He usually does it when he knows we don't want him to do something. For example the other day during Sunday school he starting crawling up towards the podium and while he was crawling he was shaking his head back and forth. He also does it a lot when I am feeding him something he doesn't want to eat and he starts spitting. I guess he has heard us say, "Owen, No!" while shaking our head no that he thinks that is what he should do.
- He loves to play the piano or the keyboard and push all the buttons. He also loves to suck on the piano pedal.
- He has started walking with his walker. He loves it. He isn't very good about steering it, so I usually have to help him turn the corners and avoid running into objects.
- He took a 1 and a half steps while we were in Utah, but has only taken one step since then. He really doesn't seem very motivated to walk.
- He loves to wave to the picture his bedroom wall of Jesus. I guess that started when Brent would take him over to the picture before bed and say, "Say goodnight to Jesus." Now he waves at the picture. And anytime we say or point to a picture of Christ, he starts waving. Very cute. Probably my favorite thing he has done this month.
- He has started throwing little tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He will kick and scream whenever I take something away from him that he really wants or whenever I get him dressed or undressed.
I don't have very many pictures that are unrelated to our trip, but here are a few pictures and a little video of him using his walker to walk. I actually took this a little while ago, he can walk a lot better with it now.
I was doing the laundry the other day and Owen was playing around in the room. I left to put some clothes away and I heard him scream so I ran back to see what had happened. Somehow he had worked himself in between the washer and dryer. I had to go grab the camera and when I left him he started screaming again.
He was not happy that I was taking a picture instead of getting him out.

Untitled from Melissa Clark on Vimeo.


1 comment:
That's so sweet how he waves to Jesus all the time.
Post a Comment