Thursday, August 12, 2010

Camping

I am way behind in my blogging, but for journaling sake, I wanted to post a few pictures of our camping adventure about a month ago. Brent loves to camp and I don't mind it if it is only for a short time, so we decided to head down to Lake of the Ozarks for a night. I know...we are crazy. It was like 107 heat index, but we had a good time and Owen was actually very good. He played in his pack n' play for a while while Brent and I set up our tent and after a little bite to eat we went on a little hike by the lake. We just brought stuff for sandwiches for dinner since we weren't too excited about cooking in that kind of heat, but it was still fun to eat outside and enjoy the scenery. It was fun...even though it was sooo hot.

We finally got Owen to go to sleep around 10 and around 11:30 we decided it was probably cool enough to try to go to sleep. We were just about asleep when we heard raccoons coming into our camp. Brent scared them off a couple of times, but they were determined to get something from our camp, although we aren't sure what they were after. They were climbing on our picnic table trying to get the trash bag hanging on the tree and they were climbing on the back of our truck. I must say that I think Brent was most concerned about his truck getting all scratched up so around 1:15 in the morning, we decided they weren't going to leave us alone so we packed up and headed home. We got home around 2:45. So much for camping, we should have just planned a picnic and gone home at a decent hour. The funniest part of the whole thing is that we survived the blazing heat, but ended up coming home because of racoons! What an adventure.









2 comments:

marcie said...

Maybe racoons are the third reason you don't camp in Missouri; right behind the heat and bugs.

Jershelly said...

That is so funny! It must have been fun packing everything back up in the middle of the night! Is Owen getting close to walking? Landon just started crawling. By the way, we should meet up in Nauvoo some time.