Thursday, April 1, 2010

5 months

I am a little behind on my blogging. Owen was five months like two weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting. Oh well, at least I am still blogging, which sometimes surprises me. I guess the real big development this past month is that Owen learned to roll both ways. He has been doing it for about two weeks now. I had just put him down on his back to play with his toys and after a few minutes I heard this big burp. I came back into the room and Owen was on his stomach with his head up, smiling away. I think he was smiling because he got out his burp, but I pretend it was because he realized that he had rolled onto his stomach by himself. He has started to roll to get some of his toys or to get closer to something he wants to touch. Here are a few other things about Owen at five months.
  • Owen has found his feet and loves to suck on his toes. I have tried to get him to stop, but to no avail.
  • He loves when you sing to him. I sing primary songs to him before he goes to sleep and he will just stop and listen, at least most of the time.
  • He loves to watch everyone eat. He thinks it is the most fascinating thing in the world.
  • He has started getting up at around 3 every morning again. Fun, huh?
  • He loves to smile!
  • He is starting to teethe and likes when you rub his gums.
  • Owen still loves to take a bath and have his diaper changed.
  • He still hasn't taken a liking to rice cereal or oatmeal.
  • He loves to be outside.
  • His hair is growing long on top of his head.












Pictures of our trip to Austin to come,but I have to warn you there are a lot of pictures!

3 comments:

Jershelly said...

So cute! That's fun that he is rolling both ways now. Landon has to catch up to Owen! Those are cute pictures on your blog header! Did you get your hair cut? ...oh, and that's funny that my brother and sister-in-law are in your ward now. My mom said that a couple of other people that we know are in your ward too (the Jespersons - they were my seminary teachers and the Browns)

Leesa Marie Jones said...

He is such a cute baby!! I love those fat little cheeks! Have fun with him, before you know it he'll be off to Kindergarten!

Valerie said...

I LOVE that last picture of Owen! He has so much personality!!