So, last week Brent received word from the Academy of Management that his paper had been reviewed and accepted for him to present at the annual conference this year in Montreal, Canada. Okay, so you are thinking, "Oh, that is really cool." But let me further explain how hard it is to get a paper accepted. Most papers submitted and accepted usually have more than one author on them. Brent is the sole author on his paper. The acceptance rate is around 30% and most of those people submitting papers are not grad students, they are professors who have been doing this type of researching and writing for a while. Brent wrote this paper the first semester of his first year in the PhD program. Pretty sweet, huh?
I know, I know you are probably getting tired of reading about me brag about my husband, so I will stop. For once I wanted to post something that was a big deal for Brent and not just about Owen. Anyway, Brent will hate that I posted this, but someones got to brag about his success. He isn't going to do it, so I guess I will have to. Congrats Brenton, I am very proud of you.
Side note: Last post I said that Owen hadn't rolled over since we took that little video. Well, the day I took him to get his pictures taken and they wanted to take a picture with him on his stomach. I put him on his stomach and he rolled right over. In fact he almost rolled off the table. He wouldn't stop rolling, every time I put him on his stomach he rolled over. Crazy kid. And I thought he was a little young to only do something when I didn't want him to do it. Boy was I wrong. (I couldn't really do a post without writing something about Owen). :)

3 comments:
Brent IS way too smart for his britches. Way to go Cracker-pants! That's awesome!
Miss, you could have only landed a smarty.
Way to brag on your husband, I would do the same thing. People should know how lucky you are!
Congrats, Brent! As long as people know how smart you are I have no reason to be ashamed that you beat me in that math competition in high school, right?
Post a Comment