Owen is four month old now. I can't believe he is that old! Why is it that when you have a baby, everyone and their dog suddenly thinks they have something to talk to you about. Not that it is a bad thing, but I guess I am just not used to it because when you are childless everyone pretty much ignores you! Just kidding, but here is an example. The other day I took Owen to the store and he woke up near the end of the shopping trip. The girl at the cash register proceeded to tell me what she thought Owen was experiencing while he was sitting in the cart. "He is thinking, 'Look at all those big lights and all the crazy stuff going by.' I bet he just loves looking around at everything." Okay, I suppose he could be thinking that. I prefer to think that he is probably just wondering about when he can get out of his car seat and when he is going to get to eat next. But whatever. Anyway, this is how the rest of the conversation went.
Her: "How old is he?"
Me: "Four months."
Her: "Does he talk much?"
Me: "He babbles a lot and makes a lot of sound."
Me: "He babbles a lot and makes a lot of sound."
Her: "Does he eat Cheerios yet?"
Me: "No... not yet." (At this point I am beginning to wonder how much they know about babies.)
Her: "Oh, so you still just have him on baby food?"
Me: "Umm...no.."
Old guy bagging the groceries: "He's still on the original."
Me: Yeah, he still just has milk.
Me: Yeah, he still just has milk.
Her: "I guess I am a little ahead of myself."
Me (thinking): Okay, I don't think she knows very much about babies. When she asked me if he talked, did she actually mean words?
Good times. Anyway, here are a few things about Owen at the ripe old age of four months.
- He is a happy little guy-most of the time!
- He is getting better at holding his head up when he is on his stomach.
- He is also getting pretty good at sitting up, not quite by himself yet. He loves to sit up and see everything going on around him.
- He likes to squeal with he is really happy. Lately, Brent has had to leave Sunday school since he has been "talking" too loud.
He likes when you talk to him in a very high pitch voice. If you just talk normal, he just stares at you. - He LOVES watching t.v. It is a good thing for right now, because I can put Baby Einstein on and he will watch it for 30 minutes. It is a bad thing because he constantly wants to be entertained. He won't just sit and look at toys above his head, everything has to be moving for him. There have been many times when I am feeding him a bottle and he cranks his head around just so he can see the t.v. and drink his bottle. Funny little kid!
- He is very ticklish on his stomach and under his chin and armpits. He must have gotten that from Brent, since I am not ticklish at all. Brent likes to tickle him whenever he changes him, he thinks it is funny. However, Brent HATES to be tickled and I tell Owen that one of these days he will be able to get his Dad back.
Here are a few pictures of him at around four months.

Tried the jumper, even though he isn't quite old enough yet, but he did like turning around in it.
This is Owen on his stomach. Yes, even though he is starting to cry and getting really mad, he is still trying to see the t.v.

Right before we tried rice cereal.
Here it goes.
The result: I don't think he likes it!
Tummy time
Sitting up
Untitled from Melissa Clark on Vimeo.

3 comments:
I know! Time goes by too fast when you have a baby! I find myself looking forward to his next milestone, but looking back at when he was younger at the same time. Owen is a cutie! If we move to Missouri, Landon and Owen can be best friends!
Missy he is so adorable! I think he looks just like you...I can't believe he's four months. I love too about people talking to you. Today we went to the store (for the first time) and we had so many people talking to us and to Liam. (He's two weeks old for heavens sake) Love it!
I love that he always has his mouth open. I seem to remember a few pictures of Brent at that age. Brent's mouth was open also. =)
Post a Comment