I love Valentine's Day. Well, I guess I love both the things that are associated with Valentine's Day and the actual day. I love Valentine candy, especially cherry
juju hearts. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find them the last two Valentine's days. I decided I wanted to decorate cookies this year, so I invited my four year old and 2 year old
nieces over to have some fun. I actually forgot to take pictures of the actual decorating. I guess I was a little preoccupied with keeping Jenna from eating the cookie dough,
Brookie from eating all the frosting, and Owen from screaming the entire time. It was a little dicey for about a half an hour or so, but it got much better when Owen finally went to sleep and I could focus my attentions on the girls. That being said, it was really fun to have them over. Here are a few pictures of the cookies I decorated for the ladies I visit teach. I had so much fun doing them.


Our actual Valentine's day was the best I think I have ever had. I am not sure why I loved it so much, but it just was a very relaxing, good day. One of those days where I remembered why I fell in love with Brent and a day where I remembered how blessed I really am to have him. Brent brought me breakfast in bed and also brought me tulips, which I loved. After church I cooked Brent dinner. I made chicken cord on
bleu and mashed potatoes. A little risky considering I had never made the chicken and the last time I made mashed potatoes I mixed them too much and they were really sticky. They both turned out really good, though, if I do say so myself. I also made ice cream cake roll for dessert. Yummy!
And since I am so into coupons lately, I decided to make my own coupons for Brent this year. I think he really liked them, which is always a plus. Overall, it was a very good day.
2 comments:
It sounds like lots of fun. I wish I could have decorated the cookies with you and the girls.
Hey, look at me, I just found your blog. I'm kind of slow on the up take. Thanks again for having them over and feel free to also have them over to
1). Dye Easter Eggs
2). Play with Play Dough
3). Paint
4). Make a log cabin out of Popsicle sticks
5). Make an ice cream sculpture
6). Tie Dye a T Shirt
7). Make homemade crayons
8). Paint a mural out of melted chocolate
and any other sticky/messy/colorful/gloopy projects that you may come up with. I'm happy to pass those FUN jobs right on over. :)
Post a Comment