We decided that we wanted to go to the Ole Miss BYU game and because we were already so close to a beach we decided to turn it into a week-long vacation. Kelie and her friend had gone to the beach down in Gulf Shores and loved it, so we decided to go back to the same area. We rented a three bedroom condo and Marcie and Craig met us down there.
We headed to Memphis first and stayed the night then we went to the temple in the morning. The next day we drove to the game and Matt, Kelie, Jenna, and Brent went to the game. I decided I didn't want to pay for Owen and myself and then just end up walking around below the stadium because I knew Owen wouldn't sit still. I took Brooke and Owen to the hotel in Jackson, Mississippi. It was quite the adventure. Our hotel was a joke-will never stay in a La Quinta again. They gave us a non-smoking room that was clearly smoked in and then the other room they gave me had someone sleeping on the bed. Owen was not good in any sense of the word and so by the end of the night I was telling Brent he owed me big time!
The next morning we went to church in a little branch in Jackson. It was awesome. It was fast and testimony meeting and although there weren't very many people there, there was never a lull. Pretty much all of them were converts and kind of told how they came to join the church. I loved how personal it felt and how everyone was engaged in what the speakers were saying. I also loved that there were a few, uh huh's um hmm’s and a lot of head nodding. Glad we got to experience sacrament meeting in the South!
We headed to Memphis first and stayed the night then we went to the temple in the morning. The next day we drove to the game and Matt, Kelie, Jenna, and Brent went to the game. I decided I didn't want to pay for Owen and myself and then just end up walking around below the stadium because I knew Owen wouldn't sit still. I took Brooke and Owen to the hotel in Jackson, Mississippi. It was quite the adventure. Our hotel was a joke-will never stay in a La Quinta again. They gave us a non-smoking room that was clearly smoked in and then the other room they gave me had someone sleeping on the bed. Owen was not good in any sense of the word and so by the end of the night I was telling Brent he owed me big time!
The next morning we went to church in a little branch in Jackson. It was awesome. It was fast and testimony meeting and although there weren't very many people there, there was never a lull. Pretty much all of them were converts and kind of told how they came to join the church. I loved how personal it felt and how everyone was engaged in what the speakers were saying. I also loved that there were a few, uh huh's um hmm’s and a lot of head nodding. Glad we got to experience sacrament meeting in the South!
We drove the last four and a half hours to Orange Beach that afternoon. The weather was pretty bad since it there was a big tropical storm going on, but after that Monday, it cleared up and was beautiful the rest of the week. We had so much fun playing on the beach and hanging out with family. We will definitely have to go back.
Owen took a liking to Jenna reading him stories

2 comments:
Wow Missy! That looks like a fantastic Vacation. I hear you about he hotel though. That's always hard when you get a crappy hotel and your kid is a nightmare. Been there my friend. Still looks like a great trip. It's so fun to see your cute family! Love ya!
My cousins have gone to Gulf Shores a few times and I am always jealous. I want to go sometime. It looks really pretty and fun. It looks like you guys have gone on a lot of fun vacations lately.
Post a Comment