Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Okay, so I am behind as usual. We went to Texas for spring break and had a fabulous time. Owen did pretty well on the trip except that he constantly wanted to be watching a show on our laptop. So, well it isn't that hard for me to give in since the choices are listen to him cry and scream the whole 12 hours there or just let him watch movies for most of the day and at least he is quiet. We left on Sunday after church and got there late that night.

Monday we just hung out at the house, since we were tired from our trip and since the weather wasn't cooperating very well. It wasn't that warm, but we did venture out to the little park by Marcie and Craig's house. Owen loved running around like a wild man more than he loved the park. I honestly don't remember what we did each night, since this was a month and a half ago. I think on Monday we went out to eat at Rudy's BBQ. Very yummy, as usual. Brent and I love going to Texas to eat good BBQ.


Looking out the window for the cat. He LOVED seeing this cat that decided to adopt Marcie and Craig.

Eating at Rudy's


Tuesday we were going to go to San Antonio so Brent and I could go to the temple and so we could go to the Zoo, but it ended up hailing and raining in the morning and so we decided we would go on Thursday. We ended up going to Austin's Children's Museum instead. Owen LOVED it. He has such a fun time playing with the balls and throwing them anywhere he pleased. He also enjoyed the building block at the construction site, the slide, and just being able to roam free with lots of other kids around.

Playing on the drums in the Mexican house


Loving the slide

Construction zone


Owen wasn't looking at the camera

Throwing things in the little kid play area


Balls, Balls, and more Balls!




Wednesday we went to Taco Cabana for lunch and then later that afternoon/evening we went canoeing in downtown Austin like we did last year. It was so much fun. Owen stayed with Uncle Craig and threw rocks into the water. After that we had a picnic dinner at the nearby park.


As we were coming home from the park, my stomach started to hurt really bad. I barely made it into the house. I laid down for a while, but the pain just kept getting worse. I thought I might have food poisoning because I felt so sick, but eventually the pain moved mostly to my right side. I had a terrible cough/cold at the same time so the pain was excruciating whenever I would cough. I had Brent and Craig give me a blessing and I somehow made it through that night, although I have to saw it was the most pain I have ever been in my entire life. I honestly thought I had an appendicitis. The pain was even worse than labor! I was finally able to get a few hours of sleep in the early morning and after that the pain was still there but it wasn't that bad. We decided not to go to the doctor since the pain wasn't nearly as bad and we figured if it was something serious the pain would have gotten worse not better. I went to the doctor when we got home and they are pretty sure I had an ovarian cyst burst and that is why I was in so much pain.

However, since we weren't so sure about why I had the pain we decided not to go to San Antonio and just stay around Austin. We ended up going to Tangled because Brent hadn't seen it and since it was a dollar theater we figured we could afford to leave if Owen decided he didn't want to watch it. Owen actually did really well and watched a lot of the movie. We actually own it now and he watchs practically the entire thing. After the movie, we of course had to stop by Round Rock Donuts and get a dozen for the ride home. They sure were tasty!


Smiling for Uncle Craig. He started cheesing it up whenever Craig started taking pictures.


Cooking some yummy chicken


Playing on the swing


We left Friday morning to head home. We loved seeing Craig and Marcie and they were wonderful hosts, as usual. Thanks for letting us come see you, Craig and Marcie!

1 comment:

marcie said...

Thanks for coming! We love having you guys! Next time you'll have to leave the side pain and bad weather at home! ;)