So, along with Owen's obsession with basketball hoops and balls, he is now officially obsessed with the letters of the alphabet,
particularly the letter O. He goes around the house pointing out all the things he can see that have the letter O on them. At first I just thought he was saying O for everything, since we call him "O" sometimes as a nickname. While we were in Austin I realized that he actually recognizes the letter and was saying "O" only when he saw the letter O. For a few days he was also very interested in the letter C, so I was joking with Brent about how he is a little O.C. about carrying around the O and C magnetic letters we have and not wanting anything to do with most of the other ones. He has since changed his ways and is now very interested in pretty much any letter. It is actually pretty fun to teach him his letters. I wish I could take all the credit for teaching him, but I am pretty sure he learned it from the PBS show Word World, which is now his favorite show. Imagine that, television CAN be educational, who knew?
Here is a clip, I recorded with him pointing out some of the letters he knows. It was about a week or so ago and he is already know about 5 more since then. I will have to do another video in a couple of weeks. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast!
Untitled from Melissa Clark on Vimeo.
1 comment:
He's a boy genius!
Post a Comment