Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Fourth

I know it is the end of September, but I feel like I need to quickly blog about all the pictures I have had sitting on my camera, hence the post about what we did for the Fourth of July.

We went to the Parley P. Pratt run that is put on by a guy in our stake and a committee. Brent did the 4 mile run and I did the 1 mile with Owen, Jenna, and Brooke. The girls did pretty well, in fact they wanted to run at the beginning, but I didn't know if they were going to make it back by the end. Owen spent most of the remaining time playing on the playground. Sorry, I forgot my camera, so no pictures of the run.

After the run we went swimming, which I now realize I posted pictures of in the last post. Owen loved to go down the slide and put his face in all the spraying fountains. He is one of those weird people who actually likes to get his face hammered by water. He thinks it is so much fun. After swimming we headed over to Matt and Kelie's for a BBQ. Once again there was water to play in and lots of fun playing with the cousins. After relaxing and hanging out for a while at the house, we decided to go get a spot for the fireworks. After the show, we stayed and lit a few of our own. It was a pretty relaxing and run day. One of the best I can remember!


The Slide. Owen is obsessed with slides.


The head first train
I made Owen take this picture because I wasn't sure I would get him in his shirt before we changed into the swim suit. He wasn't that happy about it.

"Nat" and Owen

Watching the show

Owen could care less about the fireworks. He was more concerned interested in all the cars he could see in the parking lot. He did, however, LOVE sitting on this ledge and was quite upset when we took him off.

Sparklers! Owen was really, really tired!

No comments: