I totally forgot to post this before I did the Father's Day post, so technically this is out of order, but oh well. Brent had a paper accepted at a conference in San Diego and I decided to go with him. We talked my brother Jon and his wife Vanessa and also Matt and Kelie into watching Owen for us. We left on Thursday at noon and got to San Diego at 1:30! Pretty nice, huh?Actually, the time gain wasn't the best part of the flight, the best part was not having to worry about having Owen on the airplane! It was nice to be able to just relax and hang out with Brent. The conference was at Loews Hotel on Coronado Bay. The hotel had a free shuttle into downtown Coronado so we went there a couple of times mostly to eat, since Brent's meals were covered by the school, but mine were not and there was really no place to eat except the hotel.
The first night we went to a Mexican restaurant, which I liked a lot and Brent just thought it was okay. Then we walked around for while. We were hoping to catch the shuttle back earlier, but there were no available seats and so we had to spent an extra hour walking up and down the town trying to stay warm! I was seriously freezing. I was wearing pants and had a jacket on.
The second day I sat outside and read my book and pretty much did nothing while Brent did conference stuff for a lot of the day. We went back into town to try a well reviewed burger place for an early dinner. It was called the Burger Lounge. It was good. Brent LOVED it. He said it was the one of the best burgers he has ever had. We went swimming that night after Brent was done with his conference stuff for the day.
The third day Brent presented his paper and attended the conference with the exception of a few minutes he came to make sure I was doing okay. I once again read my book, went and sat in the hot tub, and watch TV. It was awesome! I didn't do anything, which is what made it so great. We left after the conference wrapped up on Sunday and headed home. We didn't get home until 1 in the morning.
I was pretty worried about Owen while I was gone, but I after talking to my brothers a little bit I realized he was having a grand time being spoiled and playing with the cousins. It such a fun trip and such a nice break for me.
WHMS Princess Breakfast
4 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment