Thanksgiving was really good. My sister and her husband came from Texas and my brother and his wife that just moved to Independence also came, so we have four out of the eight kids in Columbia. We had a really good time. We ate lots of good food and played a lot of games. On Friday we headed down to the WorldMark at the Lake of the Ozarks. We were able to all stay together in a penthouse for two nights. We played a lot more games, enjoyed the hot tub, and went to Tangled at the movie theater. It was fun, but as always it is nice to come home and get Owen back to a normal schedule. I did not take one picture of Thanksgiving-not one! I can't believe I was such a slacker.
Owen is still a wild man. He is constantly getting into things and driving me crazy pretty much all day long. He is also very cute and constantly makes me laugh with all he is learning and doing. Here are a few funny things he is doing lately.
- He has starting staying "uh-oh" after doing everything. I keep telling him that if he does it on purpose, you don't say uh-oh. He doesn't seem to be listening.
- He loves to dance to any music and head bang to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." It is hilarious.
- He is SUCH a mama's boy. He has starting crying when I won't hold him or try to give him to Brent. Hopefully, he grows out of it in a few months.
- He tries to whistle and actually gets some sound out some of the time. I keep telling him if he keeps this up he will be whistling better than his Aunt Marcie by the time he is two. :) (Just kidding, Marce)
- He tries to imitate any sound or face you make. For example, we have been having quite a few fires lately as the weather has turned cold and when the fire cracks, he claps his hands together because that is what he thinks it sounds like. Another example is when an elderly gentleman was bearing his testimony a few days ago in church and Owen starting growling like a tiger because the speaker's voice was kind of gravely. It was hilarious, but also kind of embarrassing.
- He doesn't like to eat much these days. It is such a chore to feed him. He really likes pizza, lasagna, and of course bananas.
Owen loves to play with this bowl on his head. He gets the biggest kick out of running around with it on his head.
Playing with the diaper box
I came out of my bedroom a couple of weeks ago to find Owen perfectly arranged on this pillow that he got off the couch.
He loves to climb on the dishwasher. He has also learned how to unlock the dishwasher, which is annoying because he won't let me start it for longer than 5 minutes before he is over there unlocking it and turning the cycle off.Playing outside before it turned cold




2 comments:
Awww, he's such a cute and funny little boy. I love when he growls.
And no need to wait until he's two, I'm sure he's probably better than me at whistling right now! Although, it's been a while since I've practiced; for some reason Craig doesn't really like my whistle practicing. ;)
Owen is so cute!! He is getting big. What brother moved to Independence? Do you know what ward he is in?
Post a Comment