Tuesday, June 29, 2010

8 months...and counting!

I have really been a blog slacker these past couple of weeks. I don't know why, but I haven't had much motivation to post anything about my life. Maybe it is because the weather has been so hot and being by the computer just makes me more hot. Anyway, Owen was 8 months last week. I know these posts are probably a little (or a lot) boring to most of you, but I like to keep track of when Owen does things. So without further adieu, here are a few things about Owen at about 8 months.
  • His new trick he developed this month was learning to sit up from his scooting position. He loves that he can go after a toy and then when he gets it, sit up and play with it.
  • He has started splashing A LOT in the bath tub. It is actually quite frustrating to me, so he now pretty much sits up while taking his bath.
  • His has started spitting, especially when he is bored, being fed when he is not hungry or doesn't like the food, and when he is close to my face! Oh the joys of being a mother of an 8 months old.
  • He has starting saying "nam." I am pretty sure he means to say, "mama." He just hasn't gotten the m sound quite yet. He likes to say "Dada" whenever he sees Brent. Sometimes he says it when he isn't around, but he says it more when Brent is there.
  • He thinks he is such a big kid. Like today, I took him to the grocery store and actually put him in the front of the cart, instead of in his car seat. He LOVED it. I wish I had my camera to show you how big he thought it was.
  • He has started pulling up on everything. Today, he pulled up on the couch for the first time, but he has been trying to pull up on everything he can find. The problem is that once he gets up he thinks he can let go and still be standing. He has had a lot of falls because of that, luckily, none that were too bad.
  • He still hasn't gotten any teeth.
  • His favorite foods now are pears, peaches, squash, sweet potatoes, and bananas. He will eat just about anything, at least in small quantities, except mixed vegetables. I can't really blame him.
  • He had bread for the first time the other day and couldn't get enough of it. I started feeding him some when we were out to eat, because he wouldn't stop spitting and being really loud. It worked pretty well to keep him entertained and quiet.
  • He has started to throw little tantrums when he doesn't like what's going on or if he doesn't get his way. So much fun.
  • He started sleeping for 8 or 9 hours for about 1.5 weeks, but the last couple of days he has woken up two or three times. Maybe someday he will consistently let me get some sleep.
  • He loves to laugh and is very ticklish on his sides and on his back.
  • Last of all, he has started giving me hugs. Okay...not really...but sort of. Sometimes when I pick him up he will put his little arms around my neck and puts his head down on my shoulder. I love when he does this...definitely my favorite thing he does right now.
This was the other day when he was supposed to be taking a nap. I went in there and this is how he was sitting just spitting away.

Watching Brent mow the lawn. He seriously sat there for a good 15 minutes with his nose against the door, watching.


Playing with the cousins in the poor. He wasn't that excited about this because the water was so cold. He likes to go to the real pool when it is nice and toasty outside and the water is like bath water.

The other day I came home to find Brent grading papers on the coffee table and Owen using the bottom of the coffee table for his table. It was really funny. Brent said he sat like that and played with his toys for awhile. I think he liked it because he could look up at Brent whenever he wanted and bang his toys against something too.



A common scene these days.

"Oh, I just need to take a break, right here on this soft chair."

His climbing over the end table and then screaming because he didn't know how to get his legs out.

The other end

3 comments:

Jershelly said...

I don't think your posts are boring. I love reading about what Owen is doing. He sure is growing up and learning new things! Maybe Landon will catch up to him someday. I love that picture of him resting on the bottom of the chair. That is so funny!

marcie said...

Yeah, I was wondering when you were going to post again. You blog slacker, you! ;)

What a cute, funny little boy! I see he's still perfecting the codfish look. I love how he made his own little desk under Brent's. I just want to Chub his cheeks!(Owen's not Brent's.) ;)

Leesa Marie Jones said...

He is so cute. They can get into amazing positions at that age too. 8 months old is super fun!