Monday, January 25, 2010

As of Late

Nothing too exciting has been going around our house but I thought I would post a few things that we have been doing as of late. Brent is pretty busy with school. He just started back last Tuesday, but he once again has homework and stuff to work on when he comes home at night. It was sure nice to have him come home in the evenings and hang out with Owen and me. I guess all good things have to come to an end. He is liking his classes and program quite a bit and has been working on a few papers for publication. He is hoping that one of the papers he is working on with a professor will be published and that he will be able to go to Rome this fall to present it at a conference. He is also staying busy serving in the Elders Quorum presidency in our ward.

It has been really cold here in Missouri and he has loved using that as an excuse to play with our fireplace! He has been gathering up everything and anything around the house to burn. Owen loves to watch the fire and pretty much sat there for a good half an hour just staring at it. Brent says he has to instill the love of fire in him while he is young. As if there is any little boy that doesn't love fire!

Brent and Owen watching the fire

Chillin' by the fire

Nothing too new is happening with me. I have slowly been adjusting to taking care of a baby. I guess the three things I have been doing a lot of lately is exercising, reading, and collecting and using coupons. I know, real exciting, huh? It doesn't really get better than that!


Owen is now three months. Here are a few things about him at three months.
  • He smiles pretty much all the time, unless he is hungry.
  • He is a cat napper. He likes to take 30 minute power naps.
  • His new favorite thing is watching his rain forest mobile. He loves it! Sometimes he will watch it for 15-20 minutes.
  • He LOVES getting his diaper changed.
  • He LOVES having no clothes on. He will smile and smile as you take off his clothes. I am not sure if that is a good thing!
  • He insists on holding his bottle with his hands when he is drinking it. It drives me crazy because he will knock the bottle out of his mouth a million times during one feeding.
  • If he is not eating, you are more likely than not to find his hands in his mouth. This also drives me nuts! He gets everything sopping wet.
  • He is "talking" a lot. The bad thing about that is that he likes to "talk" pretty loud in the middle of the night.
    • Here are a few random pictures.

      Tired little boy

      Owen holding his bottle

      Tummy time
      Hand in mouth




      Owen under mobile from Melissa Clark on Vimeo.

      3 comments:

      marcie said...

      Of course he loves fire! What a great toy! ;)

      He's so cute. He's getting chubby. I love it.

      Brent said...

      Yep, the chubbier he gets, the more he looks like his dad.

      Valerie said...

      I guess Brent has to prioritize what he teaches Owen. Fire's probably close to the top of the list.