I honestly can’t believe that two years have gone by since Owen was born. He has grown up so much in the last year. Here are some of the things I want to remember of him at 2 years.
• Owen and I play a game where he will say kiss and I am supposed to say, “Do you want to give me a kiss?” He will say, “No.” Then I say, “Then I will have to steal some.” I then proceed to chase him down and give him kisses. He loves it so much. He wants me to do it all day long.
• Some of my favorite phrases he says are, “you doing?” He will also say, “Daddy doing!” whenever he is being tickled or playing with Brent. "Oh Man!" has also hit the top of the list of recent phrases. Awesome, cute, milk, ucker(sucker), nepo (grape, I know it sounds just like it doesn’t it!),animal, puppy, Word World, train, plane, sleep, apter(helicopter), pillow and thank you are common words he loves to say. He pretty much will say anything you ask him to say. Some words are pretty good and others need a little work!
• Owen loves to watch the Mormon messages with me at lunch time. He loves to watch the ones that have primary songs and pictures. I must say it is a very good thing for both of us. He is starting to sing the words to “I am a child of God.” It is good for me to be reminded of these things myself, especially since he tests my limits sometime.
• He knows his numbers 1-10. He can recognize them if he sees them, but when counting random things he will say “two, sefen, eight, sefen, TEN!” He really emphasizes the ten. He is also learning the sounds of the letters (thank you, Word World and SuperWhy). I will often ask him what a word starts with and he always surprises me with how often he gets it right. He also knows basic shapes (circle, square, oval, rectangle, and triangle) and basic colors (red, blue, orange, green, white, black, yellow, and purple.
• His favorite foods right now are grapes, strawberries, green beans, grilled cheese, popcorn and pizza. He has decided he doesn’t like crust or peels and it wasn’t because I ever took it off before. He thinks most of what we eat is “icken” (chicken). I guess we must eat it a lot. He is doing better at eating than the past few months, but he is still pretty picky.
• Owen loves playing with the cars and the racer thing we got him for his birthday. He is also really into puzzles lately. We have done the ones we have a million times already.
• He is doing pretty good at folding him arms and bowing his head when we pray. We have been working on him “saying” prayers for meal and bedtime. He does pretty good sometimes and other times he just keeps saying, “ood”(food) and “amen.”
• He now loves to read books with us, although lately he has been really picky in which books he wants to read. I got him a bunch of books at the library the other day and he adamantly refused to read about half of them. I keep telling him not to judge a book by its cover but he still won’t look at them!
• I bought a step stool a few weeks ago and Owen loves it! He is always walking around the house asking where his stool is. He loves to use it to help me cook dinner, do the dishes, and put the laundry in the washer. He has become a good little helper the last couple of weeks.
• Owen sleeps on one of his blankets and uses his pillow pretty much as a blanket. He refuses to sleep on the pillow, but he insist it be in the crib.
WHMS Princess Breakfast
4 years ago

2 comments:
He's such a smart little guy!
What about Elmo? "Thank you Elmo."
He did that after I posted this. I guess I will have to remember that to put in the next update.
Post a Comment